About Me

My photo
I am an amateur writer, just getting my feet wet. Blogging for me will be a launching point to get some solid writing done leading up to the eventual completion of the book that hides inside of me.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Great Bathroom Project.



After turning over in my head what to write about I finally decided on letting people know why I delayed my new site in the first place.
I had been wanting to re-do our front bathroom for years. It was terribly outdated and in desperate need of a paint job.  As you can see here…




So we (aka Bob) pulled out everything except for the bathtub and went for it. First, the paint job…My problem is that I’m a visual person so choosing what color scheme I wanted to go with just didn’t work to put samples on a wall and see what looks best. So I took a deep breath and narrowed the final colors down to three. All a shade of blue/gray/slate in various hues from very light almost white to very dark. Taking my life in my own hands I showed them to Sean and asked his opinion. If I was going down I was going to take someone with me. He courageously  selected the medium toned sample called “Courtyard Shadow”. What do you think?

 


Next, one of the MUST changes was to move from a simple shower curtain to sliding shower doors. Looks good yes?

With those hurdles passed we moved on to the biggie. Fixtures. I had wanted to move to darker tones since previously we had light wood and wood-like fixtures. They were fine at the time but were now very dated and some were actually disintegrating. I’m talking literal pulp, ewww! Bob had been online looking at vanities and found one that he really liked. Again, being the visual person, I wanted to see what it looked like “for real” not just a picture. So off we went and you know what? It was perfect! We found the vanity and matching cabinet in a beautiful espresso color, along with new lighting that leans toward the antique. I think it adds just the right touch…
 
 


Miraculously the entire project only took a couple of days from the purchasing of all the supplies until the first shower was taken.  
I'm actually very proud of it. Nothing leaks, it's fully functional and I'm no longer embarrased to have guests use it.

3 comments:

  1. looks wonderful. cant wait to do ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa - the before and after is astonishing. Good work here... and told well.

    One thing I have to ask, though - what is that thing on the wall of your shower? Looks like a miniature condom machine... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...it's a soap/shampoo dispenser.

    ReplyDelete

Share on Facebook